Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Green Tea, Black Coffee And Brains


If you've been living under a rock for the past few years then perhaps you can be excused for not knowing that green tea is supposed to be good for you. But only if it was a really big rock and you were down at least ten feet.

The green tea/health connection has just about beaten to death, so I try not to write about it too often. But recent articles in Time and Psychology Today weighed in on the topic, so I thought I'd share, in case you missed them.

Dr. Andrew Weil, writing in Time, says that green tea and black coffee are both good for you and cites the recently published Japanese study about the former. He also mentions that brown seaweed may promote weight loss, if you must know. Read all about it here.

At Psychology Today, Anne Becker theorizes that the polyphenols and tannins in green tea help make your brain work better. Find out why here.

, , , , , ,

Adagio Teas - Free Teapot Offer

2 comments:

~ Phyll said...

"At Psychology Today, Anne Becker theorizes that the polyphenols and tannins in green tea help make your brain work better. Find out why here."

It's not working for me. I'm as dump as beefore!

William I. Lengeman III said...

I'm still just as much a dimwit as ever, but I'll keep trying.