Monday, February 05, 2007

Daltrey's Kombucha Tea & More


I'm not sure what retirement age is on Roger Daltrey's side of the Atlantic, but here in the United States it's 65 and he's closing in on it fast. The Daily Mirror reported recently that the 62-year-old singer for the Who swills kombucha tea to keep himself going at this sort of advanced age.

I have to say that the notion of instant Darjeeling tea is not one that makes me want to jump up and cheer. But we all like what we like. The Hindustan Times reports on the Indian Institute of Technology's progress in devising such a concoction. More here.

Do you take your tea with sugar? According to a poll conducted by teadog.com, 69% of tea-drinking Americans use something to sweeten their tea. For the full lowdown, check out this press release.

, , , , , ,

Shop For Gourmet Teas

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What's kombucha tea? I've never heard of it.

Melissa said...

Tea Guy,

What do you know about artichoke tea? A friend was telling me that it's great for your skin, but you should take it at night before you go to bed because it can make you woozy. Thanks!

-Mel

William I. Lengeman III said...

I'm not real well-versed on kombucha, aside from some reviews I did of Kombucha Wonder Drink, which is quite good. Here's a little more info.

http://www.teaguyspeaks.com/2006/04/seize-kombucha.html

As for artichoke tea, that's a new one on me.

Unknown said...

Artichoke tea is a speciality of Dalat in Vietnam. It is excellent for the liver - regenerating cells, also good for blood circulation & digestion. It also tastes very good - mellow and smokey.
available in the UK from
http://www.caphevn.co.uk