Friday, May 15, 2009

Tea Review 98 - My Cup of Tea (x4)


Breakfast Tea
Darjeeling
Earl Grey
Pure Green Tea
My Cup of Tea

Breakfast
I tend to approach breakfast teas with a bit of trepidation. Most that I've tried run the gamut from so-so to downright wretched. Perhaps I'd feel differently if I was a milk and sweetener kind of guy. I'd actually rate this blend at the higher end of the range. It has a nice flavor even without anything added.

Darjeeling
While I like a good Darjeeling as much as the next person, I've found that all Darjeelings are not created equal. I've also found that they tend to be rather sensitive to high temps and oversteeping. While I wouldn't put this one at the top of my Darjeeling list it certainly was not without its charms.

Pure Green
A nice, subtle green here. Hard to tell exactly what it was, but I'd guess that it hails from China. It suffers only by comparison to the very strong sencha I've been drinking lately, which tends to deaden my appreciation for subtler varieties.

Earl Grey
This might be a perfectly nice Earl Grey tea, but since I'm not a fan of that sort of thing I'm not the person to weigh in on its merits or lack thereof. It is quite pungent, so if strong Earl Grey is what grabs you, it's might be right up your alley.

Adagio Teas triniTea Tea Maker
Zarafina Tea Maker Suite

No comments: