Saturday, December 05, 2009

Tea Review 106 - Adagio Jasmine Silver Needle


Tea Review 106
Jasmine Silver Needle
Adagio Teas

Adagio sez:
Young and elegant tea leaf buds with a whisper of jasmine aura. All the appeal and softly sweet nuances of a classic Silver Needle tea, enhanced with the aroma of night-blooming jasmine flowers.

I've never cared much for the practice of ruining a perfectly good tea with flavoring. But, of course, this is a subjective thing, everybody likes what they like and one tea drinker's ruination might be another one's liquid bliss. So there, I say to myself in a stern tone of voice.

Of the better-known varieties of flavored tea, I'm probably most fond of jasmine. A good jasmine, in my opinion, is very subtly flavored and not perfumey tasting. Which is a pretty accurate description of Adagio's Jasmine Silver Needle. It takes a well-known variety of white tea, doctors it up a bit and makes it pretty palatable all around.


Buy Loose Leaf Tea in Canada
RedUmbrella Tea, Canada’s Loose Leaf Tea Co.

1 comment:

Rob said...

I just bought a Jasmine Silver Needle tea from a place called You, Me and Tea. Sounds very similar to this. It was truly a beautiful Tea. I also got their Jasmine Green Tear Drops. This was superb. I would give them a shot. Really Good!!