Saturday, January 30, 2010

Novelty Infusers, Teabags, Teapots & More


From our Gimmicks, Gadgets, and Novelties Bureau, a few items worth noting. Like this Yellow Submarine tea infuser, for instance, as noted by the good people over at Gizmodo. For another rather innovative take on the infuser concept, have a look at the Chigra, an offbeat gadget that...well, see for yourself.

Spotted at Tea Finely Brewed recently, a truly novel take on the tea bag. And from Cool Hunting, "Wood You Like a Cup of Tea" teapot, as conceived by a Swedish designer.

What's a Zi Sha Tea Pet? Very good question. This was a new one on me. More here.

Image: Monkey Business Design Israel Ltd.


RedUmbrella Tea
Canada’s Loose Leaf Tea Co.

3 comments:

TeaCast.net said...

This has been going around EVERYWHERE! Haha I don't know a blogger or tweeter who hasn't forwarded this to me :P. Very clever though :)

Marlena said...

Oh, we all live in a yellow submarine, a yellow submarine. Too cute. The world of tea gadget just gets better and better. I like the teapot, too, but don't think I'll get one just yet.

Arthur Cundy said...

This is amazing! I've never seen something like this before... I hope there are other designs aside from this