Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tea: The Miracle Cure?


I've written my share of articles discussing the various health claims for tea. I've seen the evidence that tea might be of some aid in improving our health and yet I still drink it for the taste. And if it didn't taste good I probably wouldn't drink it at all, even if it could cure my baldness, banish that lingering case of boanthropy (the delusion that one is an ox) I've been struggling with and make me irresistible to members of the opposite sex.

If you haven't noticed there are some merchants who tend to get a bit creative when it comes to touting tea's health claims. Which kind of bugs me a bit. Apparently it also bugs Charles Cain, at TeaRetailer, who recently wrote about this very same topic in an article called Tea: The Cure For What Ails. Sorry to spoil anything for you, but if the notion of a shot of rooibos in your gyokuro doesn’t make you cringe you're made of stronger stuff than I.

Tea Guy Speaks Amazon Store

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this post. I too think that there are many benefits to drinking tea but it isn't a cure all. very fun post to read.