Thursday, September 01, 2011

Assam Month Starts Today


Update: Our observation of Assam Month gets underway today. Stay tuned for the first review, coming soon. If you have any Assam samples you'd like reviewed, there's still time. Just let us know.

March of 2006 was Assam Month here at Tea Guy Speaks. We devoted much of that month to Assam tea. You can read those articles and reviews here.

Assam is one of my favorite types of tea and it doesn't seem to get the respect it deserves. Perhaps that has something to do with the fact that a lot of the tea coming out of Assam is of so-so quality. But if you're a fan of high-quality black tea, Assam also has plenty of single-estate teas that actually are quite exceptional.

With that in mind we're going to try another Assam Month here at TGS. That will be September. If you know of any great Assam tea we can feature or if you're a merchant who'd like to send samples for review, feel free to leave a comment or contact us on Twitter.

Tea Guy Speaks Amazon Store

2 comments:

Chris said...

I really like Two Leaves and a Bud's organic breakfast Assam. It's my 'I need to use a teabag' tea for the office and travel.

Shai Williams said...

I am looking forward to this. I have tried different Assams and just wasn't that impressed. However finding someone to guide me that is familiar with this tea will definitely help.