Saturday, April 20, 2013

Alexander McCall Smith and George Orwell Talk Tea

Here's another article I recently wrote for The English Tea Store blog.

Alexander McCall Smith and George Orwell Talk Tea
By William I. Lengeman III

One of the many things I’ve discovered in the years I’ve been writing about tea is that the British have strong opinions when it comes to this topic. In 1946, just three years before writing his most famous work (1984), British author George Orwell set forth some of his strong opinions on tea in A Nice Cup of Tea, an essay that’s still much quoted to this day. More about that one in my previous article.

I’m not sure exactly what qualifies as British, but given that author Alexander McCall Smith was born in a British colony in Africa and how resides in Scotland, I guess it puts him in the same ballpark. Smith, who was born two years after...

more

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

No comments: