Saturday, January 18, 2014

What You Need to Know About Expensive Tea

Much of my tea writing these days appears at The English Tea Store blog. Here's an article I wrote for them recently.

What You Need to Know About Expensive Tea
By William I. Lengeman III

Fabulously expensive stuff, whether it be tea, shoes, cars, or jeweled doggy dishes, makes for good press and you can curse or envy (or both, if you’d like) the people who can afford such items, depending on your inclination. The topic came to mind recently when I found an article that claimed to list the Top 5 Most Expensive Teas In The World. Maybe they are and maybe not, but they are expensive.

Tea economics is a topic I’ve discoursed on before, but it’s one that’s important enough to revisit from time to time. For my money there are basically two guiding principles when it comes to tea economics, each of which I offer with a caveat attached.

more

Teas Hope - Tea Shop

No comments: