Sunday, October 01, 2006

Lipton Pyramid Teas


A few weeks ago I reviewed Black Pearl, one of Lipton's new premium teas. I wasn't overly impressed.

As I look back over the review, I realize that I skimmed over the fact that Black Pearl was only one of six varieties Lipton was introducing. In fact, I didn't mention it at all. So now I am.

Here's what Lipton has to say about their new line:

"Lipton(R) Pyramid Teas are made with innovative, pyramid-shaped, gossamer tea bags that allow the long leaf tea and real pieces of fruit more room to infuse for greater aroma, color and taste. This is the first premium tea of its kind offered in mass-market retail and grocery stores. Similar premium teas can only be found at online shopping sites at ultra premium prices."

Suggested retail price is $3.49 for a 20-count box.

The other five varieties:
White Tea with Island Mango and Peach
Green Tea with Mandarin Orange
Red Tea with Harvest Strawberry and Passionfruit
Bavarian Wild Berry Tea
Vanilla Caramel Truffle Tea

Image: Lipton

Link

, , , , ,

Adagio Teas - Free Teapot Offer

2 comments:

Parisbreakfasts said...

I found you thru blog s'cool & I want to come back and spend more time. Very neat site! Plus I need to bone up for the Festival du Thé end of October..I've written a bit about French teas but this site is encyclopedic.

R.E.D. said...

The translucent Pyramid tea bag is made of PET plastic, and is not biodegradable.

You take a perfectly good biodegradable product and MAKE IT OUT OF PLASTIC!! I wouldn't be buying these again.