Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tea In Strange Places - US & UK

If you'll look here and here, you'll find brief posts I've written about tea being grown in places you wouldn't normally expect.

Tea is currently being grown in the United States in South Carolina and Hawaii and, as the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reported recently, in Washington, where Sakuma Brothers Farms now has five acres under cultivation.

For all the tea drinking that goes on in Britain, it's not a place where tea has ever been grown, at least not until relatively recently. Here's an article about Britain's second tea plantation (Tregothnan estate is the first), which is being planted by Taylors of Harrogate, in North Yorkshire.

DEAN & DELUCA .SALE
The Icon of the American Epicurean Experience

1 comment:

Steph said...

I mentioned your blog in my blog post today at: http://stephcupoftea.blogspot.com/2007/09/few-tea-related-links.html

Next time I do a template update, I'll add you to my blog roll.