Monday, September 24, 2007

Toaster Teapot, Electric Kettles & Drunk On Tea


If you're looking for teapots varying shapes and sizes, you'd do well to have a look at The Teapottery. Where they sell a gadget, among others, known as a Toaster Teapot. I've seen this one mentioned in a few places now and I still haven't figured out whether it's actually got a toaster function built in. Sounds a bit unsettling.

If you're in the market for an electric tea kettle, see what CHOW had to say about a few, including models from Zojirushi, Chef’s Choice, and Adagio.

While I can vouch for the fact that one can get really, really keyed up on tea, whether or not on can get drunk on it is probably a matter for debate. Imen, at Tea Obsession, says it's possible. Read more about it here.

DEAN & DELUCA .SALE
The Icon of the American Epicurean Experience


, , ,

2 comments:

Michelle Constantinescu said...

I read about how you can get drunk on green tea and halucinate if you overdo it. I think it was in a book called Soul Mountain. I just remember it was an American traveling through China who wanted to load up on green tea, hearing how good it was for him. He thought he was going nuts! Ah, anyway, I only drink one or two of those a day and I'm not seeing any flying monkeys.

Alisa said...

This teapot does NOT make toast. After research into many sites that said it did, I purchased two and ended up with two ceramic trinkets that were only about 4 inches in height. I am out a great deal of money and they will not refund. Don't waste your time or money on this one!