Friday, November 20, 2009

Tea Review 104 - Adagio Huang Jin Bolero


Huang Jin Bolero
Adagio Teas

My interests in tea tend mostly toward black and green, for the most part, but I'm not averse to a good oolong now and then. The heavier, smoky oolongs don't do much for me but the lighter more delicate varieties do. Which is where Adagio's Huang Jin Bolero fits in. This one has that subtle, fragrant - almost fruity - aroma that I think of when I think oolong. But your mileage may vary.

Here's Adagio's blurb for Huang Jin Bolero: "Huang Jin Gui is an Anxi oolong whose name means "Golden Flower." A lightly roasted oolong our 'Bolero' reveals an intensity with hints of honey and flowers you will find enticing and seductive."

Works for me.

RedUmbrella Tea
Canada’s Loose Leaf Tea Co.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flowery Oolongs to me are pleasant if they approach fruity as you say this one does. Too floral and I get tired of the women's perfume smell.