Saturday, October 15, 2011

Tea Review 125 - Teavivre Yunnan Dian Hong


Yunnan Dian Hong Golden Tip
Teavivre

Of the tea samples I received from Teavivre, two were of black tea and two of green tea. When I recently reviewed their Bailin Gongfu, the other black tea they provided, I noted that I didn't like it so much at first but that it grew on me. This is a relatively rare situation for me, but oddly enough it happened again with the Yunnan Dian Hong Golden Tip.

Given the abundance of golden tips that lend this its name and the outstanding aroma of the dry leaves I was kind of disappointed at the taste of this one the first few times around. I'm willing to admit that it might have had something to do with the way I was preparing it. In any event the more I drank of this the more I liked it and by the time it was gone I waved it a fond farewell and was sad to see it go.

Here are some of the highlights of what Teavivre has to say about this one:

Handmade in Fengqing county, Yunnan
Completely orange pekoe colored buds
A bright orange-red coloured tea
A rich, complex but smooth and fresh taste

Dian Hong black tea, also known as Yunnan black tea, is one of China's most famous black teas. This is the highest grade Dian Hong generally available in China – called Golden Tip Dian Hong. It has lots of orange pekoe in the dried tea, and brews into an absolutely great tasting, golden coloured tea, with very rich taste and aroma.


Sample provided by Teavivre
Teavivre has advertised at Tea Guy Speaks
TGS Review Policies

Tea Guy Speaks Amazon Store

1 comment:

tara said...

Oh wonderful! I love tea, and so does my dad so I will definitely be sharing this :D