Monday, November 21, 2011

Tea Review 127 - Teavivre Premium Keemun Hao Ya


Premium Keemun (Qimen) Hao Ya
Teavivre.com

I haven't had a lot of experience with Keemun tea. A few years back I reviewed one and noted that I didn't really like the smoky notes common to this Chinese black variety. But I've sampled a few other Keemun varieties since then and I've come to like it quite a bit. I'm still not a big fan of smoky and I'm not going to race out and buy any Lapsang Souchong, but the Keemuns that I've tried lately seem to be fairly low-key as far as the smoke goes.

I was particularly fond of Teavivre's Premium Keemun Hao Ya and when the relatively small sample ran out found that I was quite sorry to see it go. It has a nice full, rich taste, with no hint of bitterness and a just a hint of that smokiness.

Here are a few highlights from Teavivre's blurb about this one:

Handmade Gongfu process tea from Qimen county, Anhui province
Dark black, glossy thin buds topped with golden tips
Makes a bold copper coloured tea
A bold but smooth, fruity taste with a lingering, mellow aftertaste

Rated as the best of Chinese black teas, Keemun is an absolute delight to drink. TeaVivre's Premium Keemun represents the highest quality of this tea generally available to the public, and has a taste, aroma and appearance that completely justifies its reputation as one of the best black teas in the world. Handmade in Keemun's birthplace of Qimen, this tea is simply stunning.


Sample provided by Teavivre
Teavivre has advertised at Tea Guy Speaks
Tea Guy Speaks Review Policies

Mighty Leaf on Sale Today!

No comments: