Saturday, November 05, 2011

Tea Review 126 - Teavivre Xinyang Maojian


Xin Yang Mao Jian Green
Teavivre

This is the fourth and last of the samples I received from Teavivre. While I liked the others (two black and one green) I think I liked this one a bit more. I don't have a lot of experience with this type of tea, but I wouldn't mind experiencing it again. The dry leaves had a great aroma and the tea itself had a rather strong flavor, I thought, for a Chinese green tea.

Here's what Teavivre has to say about this one:

Xinyang Maojian is a traditional Chinese tea with a history stretching back over 1,000 years. Its name comes from the area it was first grown – Xinyang county in Henan – while Maojian refers to the teas appearance (fur covered tips of the leaves). Xinyang Maojian has a distinctive appearance and taste compared to most other Chinese green teas, that originated and are grown mostly in the warmer Fujian and Anhui provinces. This tea's leaves are generally smaller, with a darker green color, and its taste, while still unmistakeably that of a premium green tea, has a stronger, bolder character that sets it apart.

TeaVivre's Xinyang Maojian is grade 1 tea, made from the Spring picked leaves that produce the best quality and best tasting teas.


Sample provided by Teavivre
Teavivre has advertised at Tea Guy Speaks
Tea Guy Speaks Review Policies

No comments: