Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Arcane Tea Terms: Hyson & Singlo

Here's an article I recently wrote for The English Tea Store blog.

Arcane Tea Terms: Hyson & Singlo
By William I. Lengeman III

In my first go-round with this article I noted that, with the bewildering mélange of tea varieties and a myriad of other confusing terms, a tea dictionary might be a handy item to have on hand. Though I wasn’t aware that such a thing existed, my esteemed editor pointed out that tea authority James Norwood Pratt has already done us the favor of penning one. As I noted in a previous article at this site, which took a look at the arcane tea term Bohea, there are a number of such terms that were in common use at one time but which are mostly regarded as curiosities today.

read the full article here

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

No comments: