Thursday, August 23, 2012

Resurrecting Classic Teas

Here's an article I recently wrote for The English Tea Store blog.

Resurrecting Classic Teas
By William I. Lengeman III

As someone who spends a fair amount of time studying and writing about the history of tea I can’t help wondering occasionally about some of the teas people drank in days gone by. Wondering specifically, that is, what those teas tasted like. Of course, unless I manage to lay my hands on a time machine, there will never be any way to truly know. Even the most detailed description of what a tea from yesteryear might have tasted like isn’t sufficient to the task, given that matters of taste are so subjective.

While a simple web search will turn up any number of “classic” tea blends, there have been several attempts lately to recreate actual tea blends...

read the full article here

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

No comments: