Sunday, March 24, 2013

Might as Well Face It, You’re Addicted to Tea

Here's another article I recently wrote for The English Tea Store blog.

Might as Well Face It,
You’re Addicted to Tea
By William I. Lengeman III

Are you addicted to tea? Oh, phooey.

I have to admit that I find it a bit tiresome the way people toss around the word “addiction” so casually these days, often in situations where it simply doesn’t fit. Yeah, you might like chocolate or baseball or anime a whole lot, but it’s highly unlikely that you’re addicted to any of them, at least not given my understanding of what addiction is, as presented way back when, during my school days.

My notion of an addiction to something is whether said thing causes a dependency that results in withdrawal symptoms when you no longer have access to it. But not wanting to trust my recall of a concept first presented to me decades ago, I sought out a proper definition...

more

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have also seen people say things like this, but in my case, I actually am addicted! haha It's not the tea though, it's the caffeine dependency. If I don't have it then I get terrible headaches, I feel exhausted and I can't focus. The problem is that caffeine also gives me heartburn, so I just can't win! haha Oh well, at least I still love tea.