Friday, September 30, 2005

Natural Latitudes Yerba Mate

Natural Latitudes LLC

While putting together an article on yerba mate recently, I had the opportunity to correspond with the eminently helpful Andrea Segovia, of Natural Latitudes LLC. The article will appear in one of our fine local publications, but I thought I'd put in a plug for Natural Latitudes in the meantime.

Andrea hails from Uruguay, where, from what I've gathered, yerba mate is everything coffee is on these shores, and quite a bit more. Yerba mate, by the way, is an herbal beverage - sort of like tea - that's indigenous to and very popular in several South American countries.

In fall of 2004, Andrea and Joel Heyn went live with Natural Latitudes, which currently offers its wares - fine quality yerba mate and accessories - at their Web site. Plans are to have a retail outlet up and running locally at some point in the near future.

Locally, in Andrea and Joel's case, means Madison, Wisconsin. I suspect that Wisconsin must be quite a stretch if you originally hail from Uruguay, but I didn't ask. Perhaps they should consider offering a cheese-flavored yerba mate?

No comments: