Friday, September 02, 2005

No More Wrinkled Chickens

I can't imagine why anyone would want to eat something with feathers. Even if the feathers had been removed prior to preparation and consumption. But then again, I'm a vegetarian. I'm also allergic to poultry, something I discovered in my pre-veggie days and furthermore, I don't like birds in any way, shape or form.

But people do eat chicken, turkey, sparrow and whatnot and we all like what we like and that's that. If you do eat chicken, you might be heartened to know that researchers at the University of Arkansas have found, and I quote, "that infusing extracts of grape seed and green tea into chicken before cooking or irradiation can slow down the lipid oxidation process, making the product more palatable."

So how about them apples?

Not enough to convince you that green tea is the greatest thing since sliced milk? Then how about this one? Dr. Nicholas Perricone, described in a recent press release as a "controversial dermatologist and pioneer of the face rejuvenating 'Perricone' diet," claims that green tea helps your complexion. And what better way to do so than with Arizona Green Tea With Pomegranate? I guess it's safe to assume that Arizona had something to do with generating that press release.

Anyway, this fine elixir is said to be beloved by such luminaries as Jennifer Lopez, Lindsay Lohan and Will Smith. To which I say, "by golly, if it's good enough for Lindsay Lohan, it's good enough for me."

So, go on. Get the hell outta here and go "cure your wrinkles by drinking green tea." And while you're at it, feed some to your chickens and keep their complexions glowing and wrinkle free.

No comments: