Thursday, September 01, 2005

Upton Tea Quarterly

You could do all your tea shopping at Upton Tea's Web site, but then again, you could also read War and Peace at a Web site, if you're so inclined. Ecommerce is nice, once you've finally made your choices, but for the actual selection process itself, nothing quite compares to sitting down with Upton's catalog.

The Fall edition hit my mailbox yesterday and it's packed full of an impressive range of accessories and tisanes (herbal "teas") and even features a quite informative article on tea history.

And there are teas. Oh, are there teas. Most are from China and India - Darjeeling and Assam alone are represented with more than fifty varieties. Also prominently featured are teas from Japan, Ceylon and Formosa and there are even a smattering of offerings from lesser tea growing regions like Africa, Nepal, the Himalayas, Indonesia and Vietnam.

Pardon me while I swoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was looking for Upton's web site and found your tweet. I will resist the swoon so that I can continue on with the search.

Thanks