Monday, January 30, 2006

Tea Review 50 - Inko's Lychee & Blueberry

Lychee White Iced Tea
Blueberry White Iced Tea
Inko's White Tea

I've never tasted anything flavored with lychee and I've certainly never eaten a lychee, at least not knowingly. In fact, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't recognize this particular fruit if the sky suddenly opened up and started dumping them on my head.

Having said that, I'll go on to say that Inko's Lychee variety is pleasant enough, if rather low key. As far as what to compare this flavor to I have to confess to being a bit stumped. Definitely on the fruity side though. I'll go that far.

Inko's Blueberry worked a little better for me but that's most likely due to the fact that I'm keen on blueberry to start with. The best thing about this variety - and I also found this to be the case with Inko's Honeydew - is that it actually tastes like what it says on the bottle.

As I was drinking this one I could actually imagine someone squeezing the berries into the jar and then topping it off with a bit of white tea. While I suspect that's not how the actual production process works, it's a winner nonetheless.

Recommended on both counts.

See my previous Inko's reviews here, here, and here.

No comments: