Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Even More Philadelphia Tea - Portland Too


Since I'm in the general vicinity of Philadelphia I've managed a few visits lately to check out their tea scene. Among my stops - Great Tea International, Bubble House and one of the Philly outposts of Teavana. Check out my previous postings on the subject here and here.

I haven't made it to Remedy Tea Bar yet, so in the meantime I'll have to settle for the next best thing, which is to read this article recently published in the Philadelphia Daily News.

In Portland (Oregon, not Maine) the tea scene seems to be booming. The area has given us a few pretty well known tea companies, including Kombucha Wonder Drink, Stash Tea, Tazo and Oregon Chai. While we're on the subject of the quite yummy Kombucha Wonder Drink, be sure to check out this profile in the Portland Tribune.

If that's not enough Portland tea stuff for you, check out this article from the Seattle Times. It gives the lowdown on five Portland area tea houses, none are of which of the snooty and Victorian sort.

No comments: