Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Snapple's Got It In The Bag

How's that for a snappy and oh so clever headline? Madison Avenue, look out.

Anyway, the Chicago Sun-Times reported recently that Snapple is now making a line of tea bags. So far there's a lemon flavored black, a strawberry white and orange and berry herbal varieties.

Tea Guy went to Snapple's Web site to see if he could find out more but I wasn't able to find any mention of such a product. I'm not sure if that means I'm a dimwit or that the site is not terribly easy to navigate. I think it's a little bit of both.

3 comments:

librarian pirate said...

I looked myself and couldn't find one. I also did a google search and all that turned up was recipes for how to make Snapple style iced tea, and a few mentions of people who'd read the Chicago Sun Times report. I'm thinking that it might be worth a try, but if they were something to woohoo about (less normal tea bag, more loose leaf tea that just happens to come in a bag-like-thing), that would have been mentioned ...

Ally said...

I purchased some of this Snapple tea at Meijer's this week.

It was on sale for $1.67 and came in four flavors: Le-MMM-on (Black w/lemon), Strawberry (White), Wild 'Bout Berries (White), and Orange-inality (Herbal).

I purchased the Orange-inality. The packaging is all one expects from Snapple and the website is just www.snapple.com yet there's NOTHING on Snapple's site about this tea. Very weird.

It's really not that bad. Granted it's $1.67 grocery store tea, but there are some good grocery teas (Stash has a nice variety). I'm not a total tea snob, but I do prefer Adagio over most others.

It's good to keep at work where brewing loose tea really isn't the best option and I can imagne it'd be nice to toss in w/some black to perk up iced tea.

Really enjoy your blog! :)

William I. Lengeman III said...

Thanks for your comments about the site and for the update on Snapple's latest. Odd how some companies seem to make their Web site such a low priority.