Sunday, January 06, 2008

Tazo Profiled & Top Tea Stops


Tea has been covered in some high-profile news outlets lately. Here are a few tidbits to ponder on your Sunday afternoon - while you have a cup of tea, of course.

The Seattle Times recently did a profile of Tazo Tea. You can find their wares in most supermarkets, but if the name sounds familiar its probably because Tazo is the tea of choice at all 2.4 million Starbucks outlets.

Whittling down the top places to have tea in the United States to a list of ten is probably a thankless task. But USA Today takes a crack at it, with the help of Jennifer Sauer, author of The Way to Tea: Your Adventure Guide to San Francisco Tea Culture. I'm sorry to say that I haven't had the chance to try any of these establishments.

If we may try an exercise in audience participation, where's your favorite place to go for tea?

Image: Ching Ching Cha

shop for tea books.

, , ,

3 comments:

Tom said...

Tea Zone in Portland, OR is my favorite place to go.

Tea Zone is a bit of a drive from here -- so my favorite place near here is Peet's Coffee and Tea on NE 162nd in Vancouver, WA.

Steph said...

St. James Tearoom in ABQ, NM is the best tea room I've been to in the US (and I visit as many as possible)! Mary Alice and her staff have it figured out!

Unknown said...

"Tavalon" at Union Square is definitely one of my favorite tea houses in NY. In addition to great selections of innovative tea drinks and high-quality loose-leaf, they even have DJ spinning live music in house. Wonderful place for big fans of tea.

(Bill, please remove my prior post and use this one, since I just found a typo there. thanks!)