Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Are Tea Drinkers Second-Class Citizens?

So...are tea drinkers second-class citizens? Forget about the fact that tea is the second most popular beverage in the world, after water. If you live in a coffee-centric society - such as the United States and many others - getting a decent cup of tea when you go out can sometimes be quite tricky.

Chris Mobbs elaborates further on this theme in Coffee Has Spoiled the Tea Party, an opinion piece from the Australian press. He also offers "10 simple rules for eateries" who serve tea or who might be considering it.

What do you think? Are we second-class citizens or just a bunch of whiners?

shop for tea books.

, , ,

2 comments:

coolate said...

It is quite hard to get a good cup of tea, unless of course I make it myself. All my coffee drinking friends can get coffee any where. Maybe I am just picky though, I would rather not drink tea if it is lipton tea bag.

April Dawn said...

Honestly, Coffee usually gives me a headache, especially if I drink it in the morning, so I prefer to drink Tea of any sort instead. I'm just getting into drinking herbal and flavored teas and am loving it! The people who spend their money on coffee every morning are a bit... stupid in a way. And besides, my favorite Tea company has their teas in single cup bags (wrapped in foil) and really all you need is your favorite tea, some hot water, some sugar or honey (You could buy packets of sugar easily!), something to stir it with, and a mug or a thermos to drink it from, simple as that. And Tea is better for you than Coffee anyway...