Friday, October 30, 2009

Bacon Tea




Yes, friends. It has come to this.

I've been a vegetarian for a while but that wasn't always the case. So there was a time when I wasn't exactly immune to the charms of bacon. Even with that in mind, I can't help but find myself a bit baffled at the relatively recent and dramatic upsurge in the popularity of this particular pig product.

For some examples of bacon tea, check out the custom blends (here and here) concocted as part of the Adagio Signature Blend's series. Don't be alarmed, though. No porkers were harmed in the making of these teas, both of which include Lapsang Souchong as a prominent ingredient.

Adagio Teas triniTea Tea Maker
Zarafina Tea Maker Suite

4 comments:

Marlena said...

Hey, have you tried chocolate covered bacon or a nice bacon and peanut butter sandwhich? Just the thing for th tea!

Anonymous said...

Ok, you got me. I fell for the possibility there was an actual bacon tea that was going to be talked about. This guy was kind of funny but I'm not into eating all that kind of junky food so I don't really get it. I'm on a low-calorie diet with plenty of tea. Oh well. --Spirituality of Tea

Margaret Studer said...

What a fascinating concept. I've been trying to figure out how to get bacon-like flavors into vegetarian foods for a while now. I'm thinking of trying one of those teas to simmer food in--and to drink, of course.

Frank said...

Check it out. We just created a maple bacon flavored black tea!

http://www.52teas.com/2009/11/15/11-16-09-maple-bacon-black-tea-new-contest/