Monday, October 10, 2005

Tea Review 26 - Steaz Lemon Dew

Steaz Lemon Dew Green Tea Soda
The Healthy Beverage Company

Steaz makes eight different flavors of green tea soda. I've sampled five so far - Orange, Root Beer, Key Lime, Cola and now Lemon Dew. The other three flavors are Ginger Ale, Grape and Raspberry. Of the Steaz products I've tried up to this point I liked Key Lime the best. Lemon Dew isn't bad, but I didn't like it enough to give it the top ranking Steaz-wise.

Lemon Dew has essentially the same mix of ingredients as other Steaz sodas - sparkling filtered water, organic evaporated cane juice and organic Ceylon tea. This time around it's "natural lemon flavors" that give this variety it's unique taste. The problem is, if you ask me, that there isn't nearly enough of it. The drink has a pleasant enough taste, but it's not one I'd walk a mile for. Of course, I like lemons and have a marked preference for stronger flavors when it comes to this sort of thing. Lemon Dew is more like a weak lemonade.

With all that said, Lemon Dew is not really bad - just a little light on that key ingredient. But I think I am belaboring the point.

Contents: 12 ounce bottle
I Paid: $1.49

No comments: