Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Assam Month Kicks Off


Let's do some Assam.

As I mentioned a while back the month of March here at Tea Guy Speaks will be devoted to India's Assam region and its most famous product. Here's a clue - starts with a "t" and ends with an "a".

I'd like to say that I'm doing this as a way to focus on this part of the world and its many charms and to highlight the importance of tea growing to the region and also to the world's history and economy and all that sort of high-falutin' educated sounding stuff. But if the truth be told, I'm probably just doing it so I'll have an excuse to guzzle a wide variety of Assam tea. Well, so be it.

Be sure to check back as the month unfurls. My goal is to post something Assam-related each and every day, but we'll see how it goes. I'm working my way through a heap of samples right now, and more are on the way. Oh, be still my beating heart. The reviews segment kicks off either today or tomorrow with one of the best Assam teas I've tasted thus far.

No comments: