Wednesday, March 22, 2006

George Bush Sips Darjeeling

Or did he?

I'm not sure how I missed this one, but I did. It's off-topic as far as Assam Month goes, but let's not quibble.

On a visit to India earlier this month, our Commander-In-Chief was served Darjeeling tea at a lunch with the Prime Minister. The reporter who penned this piece in India's Statesman apparently was not able to verify whether or not the President actually drank any of the tea. Also no word on what variety of Darjeeling was served, but I guess one shouldn't expect that level of detail in an article like this.

A shout out to the Tea News from Darjeeling Area blog, where I caught wind of this item. A nice resource, if you're looking to keep up with tea news in this one particular region.

Sip Some Darjeeling Tea

, , ,

2 comments:

Susan in Italy said...

I didn't know it was Assam month until I found your blog yesterday. Thanks. I posted a chai masala recipe today in honor of the occasion.

William I. Lengeman III said...

Thanks for the name drop. Great recipe. It's only Assam Month here at Tea Guy Speaks, but then it's always Assam Month for me.