Sunday, March 19, 2006

Russian Prison Tea


Ever thought you'd be busted for drinking tea? Well, you've apparently never spent much time in a Siberian prison camp. Recently Mikhail Khodorkovsky, who was once said to be Russia's wealthiest man and who is now doing time in such a place, was tossed into solitary for the offense of drinking tea in the wrong place.

Read all about it here, at Radio Free Europe's Web site, or at Toronto's Globe and Mail, right here. Pretty much the same story either place. Neither account mentions what type of tea Khodorkovsky was drinking when he was busted.

2 comments:

Tom said...

You dig up the coolest things. Chifir? This is the first I've heard of it. I may do some cursory examination of my own.

I doubt I'll try it, but it has my curiosity piqued.

William I. Lengeman III said...

I think I'd have to be hospitalized if I drank any chifir.