Friday, March 31, 2006

Earl Grey Overdose

Not to wax too opinionated here, but there are some teas that Tea Guy's just never gonna come to terms with. If you've been reading my prattle for long enough you know that I'm not too terribly keen on anything that falls into the chai category. Nor am I particularly enamored with Lapsang Souchong (Lebanon Bologna tea) or Earl Grey. But that's okay, because we all like what we like.

If you do like Earl Grey you might just want to go easy on the stuff. At least if there's anything to this report from the Bradenton Herald, which asserts that large doses of bergamot - which is used to flavor Earl Grey - may cause muscle cramps.

, , , , ,

2 comments:

Bad Credit said...

Hmm, something of a spooky report for one who drinks as much earl grey as I do. It's definately my favorite. I'll drink probably 4-5 cups of the cream earl grey that I get from www.tommystea.com a day. No muscle cramps here yet but I'll watch for it. thanks again for the info

My Health Tea said...

Anything we consume it should be done with moderation even if it's tea