Thursday, April 06, 2006

Snapple Does White Tea


If you keep up with what others have to say about tea - and I guess I sort of do - then on more than one occasion you'll run across someone idly wondering if tea is the next coffee. Well, I don't know. Maybe it is - maybe it isn't.

If you wanted to apply that same line of thinking to categories of tea you could muse on whether white tea is the next green tea. Once again I don't have any answers for you, but if you look around you'll see more than a few companies trotting out new lines of white tea and promoting them as the healthiest damned thing since...well, since green tea.

But I digress. The point of this particular exercise is to briefly muse on the fact that Snapple, the 800-lb gorilla of bottled iced tea and the official iced tea of New York City, has moved into the white tea game. The company calls the debut of Snapple White Teas - available in nectarine, green apple and raspberry flavors - "the most ambitious product launch in Snapple history."

It should probably go without saying that much is made of the alleged health benefits of white tea, but there I went and said it already.

, , , ,

No comments: