Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Tea Drinking Ghost


If I'm forced to wander this Earth at all after shuffling off the old mortal coil, I hope someone will have the common decency to make me a cup of tea now and then.

That's what they're doing nowadays in the general vicinity of Gaya, India for a chap who passed about a century ago. He was an Englishman and his name was Thomas Owens.

As the story goes, travelers in the vicinity of Owens' grave are beseeched by his shade to cough up some tea and biscuits. Those who don't comply apparently suffer some unpleasant (but unspecified) consequences.

Obviously, there are those who think this is all a bunch of malarkey. On the other hand are some cautious types who keep Owens' grave supplied with tea, biscuits and assorted and sundry other treats.

I don't make 'em up, friends. I just pass 'em along. Make of it what you will.

Link

, , , , ,

Shop at Dragonwater Tea

No comments: