Saturday, June 03, 2006

National Iced Tea Month


That's right, tea lovers. June is indeed National Iced Tea Month. Yes, it took me three days into the month to acknowledge that fact. And no, I am not worthy to run a tea Web site. I will throw myself on my sword as soon as I'm finished with this piece.

I wasn't able to ascertain who's responsible for this observance, though I'll admit that I didn't actually wear myself out researching the matter. I'm gonna guess that it's either the Tea Association of the USA or one of the big time tea companies.

Please note that June is, among other things, Turkey Lover's Month, National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, National Papaya Month, National Dairy Month and National Frozen Yogurt Month.

Here, from the vast TGS archives, are a few brief articles on iced tea. There's one on iced tea recipes, iced yerba mate and iced tea history.

, , , , ,

Shop for tea at Amazon.com

No comments: