Friday, June 29, 2012

The Growing Popularity of Matcha


In addition to publishing Tea Guy Speaks, I'm a regular contributor to The English Tea Store blog. Here's an article I recently wrote for them. Click the link to read the full article.

The Growing Popularity of Matcha
By William I. Lengeman III


When I began exploring tea and tea culture about seven years ago the only thing I knew about matcha was that it was a powdered Japanese green tea used mainly in the Japanese tea ceremony. While it may have had other uses in Japan and elsewhere, here in the U.S., as far as I was aware, it was still quite obscure.

more

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

1 comment:

IntrigueJournal said...

I'm glad that Matcha is making an appearance in the American tea markets. I am fairly new to drinking matcha but from what little experience I have with it I can say that it is a tea well worth the extra effort that goes into its preparation.