Friday, June 22, 2012

Tea in Assam, by Samuel Baildon


In addition to publishing Tea Guy Speaks, I'm a regular contributor to The English Tea Store blog. Here's an article I recently wrote for them. Click the link to read the full article.

Tea in Assam, by Samuel Baildon
By William I. Lengeman III


If pressed to choose a favorite type of tea, I wouldn’t have a problem. I’d go with any one of a number of single-estate black varieties from Assam, a state in northeastern India. Though it’s important to note that much of the tea grown in Assam, the world’s single largest growing region, is not necessarily of exceptional quality.

A relative newcomer to the business of tea production, Assam had only been growing the stuff for about a half century when Samuel Baildon published...

more

Cuisinart TEA-100 PerfecTemp Programmable Tea Steeper

No comments: